PURCHASE OF FOUR (4) NEW
AND UNUSED 2021 OR NEWER PICK-UP TRUCKS 10,500 LB. RATED SINGLE REAR WHEEL, 4
WHEEL DRIVE REGULAR CAB, WITH A MINIMUM
133 INCH WHEEL BASE, AND EIGHT (8) FOOT SNOW PLOW AND STAINLESS STEEL SPREADER
Units shall be Gasoline Engine Powered, 4-wheel drive, with Automatic Transmission, eight (8) foot Cargo Bed. Outfitted to do general municipal work, snow plowing and salt/sand de-icing.
The Units shall be new, unused and of the latest design and be in current production at the time of bid submission. The Unit shall be delivered and set up at the Township of Cherry Hill Department of Public Works at #1 Perina Boulevard, Cherry Hill, New Jersey by the factory or their representative, hereafter referred to as the Vendor. No bid shall be considered unless Vendor submitting bid can meet the following conditions:
- That it has in operation a factory adequate for the manufacture of the equipment which it proposed to furnish.
- That there are at least fifty (50) similar Units of the type of equipment bid upon which have been in satisfactory operation for a period of two (2) years. Unit must be new and unused and of current model year.
- That it has in operation and has had for a least twelve (12) months, prior to the time of bid opening, a service facility within fifty (50) miles of the using agency, equipped with spare parts, not assembled which can be delivered within twenty-four (24) hours.
- In the event a bid is submitted by an agent, a certification executed by the manufacturer may be required stating that the bidder is an authorized agent and that compliance will be within all the qualifications and requirements of this specification and proposal. The Township has the right to require that such certification be delivered within five (5) working days from the time requested.
- The Vendor is to furnish the following information which you propose in duplicate with the bids:
- complete detailed specifications and drawings of all components,
- complete detailed information on standard vehicle warranties
- illustrated literature, circulars and
- all other necessary data on the equipment
- The Vendor is to list and explain, in detail, all Deviations and Substitutions where applicable. All Deviation and Substitution must be neatly printed or typed. If no deviation and substitution is taken the word “NONE” shall be neatly printed or typed in the space provided. Failure to supply information and failure to complete the spaces provided in the prescribed manner may disqualify the bid.
It shall be understood that if no deviation or substitution is taken the Vendor shall supply all materials exactly as specified.
In comparing proposals, consideration will not be confined to price only. The successful bidder will be one whose product is judged to best serve the interest of the Township of Cherry Hill when price, product, safety, quality, and delivery are considered. The Township of Cherry Hill reserves the right to reject any or all bids or any part thereof, and to waive any minor technicalities
- If requested, the Vendor shall bring a Unit of the same description to the Agency where a final inspection will be made before bid is awarded. The Agency also reserves the right to make a factory inspection of the pre-finished production Unit after the bid is awarded and to authorize complete production of the Unit if all specifications are satisfied as judged by using Agency. The Unit shall be completely assembled, serviced and ready for use when delivered to the Agency. Any parts, controls, materials or attachments which are standard or necessary to form an efficient and complete working Unit as judged by the using Agency shall be furnished.
It is mandatory that complete operation maintenance manuals and line-set sheets be supplied for Unit and all components or assemblies in the following quantities and shall be delivered to Agency upon delivery of the Unit:
One (1) complete set of parts manual.
One (1) complete set of shop repair or factory service manual.
One (1) complete set of operation and maintenance manual for each unit.
All manuals shall be supplied in printed form and cd/dvd rom discs also.
Two (2) Sets of Manufacturers, Line Setting sheets for chassis, mounted equipment, and optional equipment.