2017 Cherry Hill Master Plan
Resident & Visitor Surveys now available online!
The 2017 Cherry Hill Master Plan Resident Survey and Visitor Survey is now available online at the links below. Should you have any questions on the 2017 Cherry Hill Township Master Plan, please contact the Cherry Hill Township Department of Community Development at (856) 488-7870 or send an email at email@example.com.
is the township's campaign to overhaul the Cherry Hill Master Plan. The last comprehensive master planning process was completed in 2004 with a subsequent 2007 Master Plan Reexamination. Various elements have been overhauled and adopted in years since 2007. Please share your ideas for a better Cherry Hill!
Our Master Plan
A Master Plan is a comprehensive long-range plan intended to guide growth and development of a community or region. The Master Plan identifies and examines a wide range of physical issues including population, housing, land use, transportation, neighborhoods, community facilities, and natural resources. The implications of each are analyzed and translated into a series of goals and policies for the Township. This effort culminates in the creation of a Master Plan, which provides recommendations for future land use, natural features, transportation improvements, and special strategies for key areas in the Township.
A sound master plan ensures that Cherry Hill Township remains a highly desirable community in which to live, work, and play.
The master planning process can be broken down into 4 major tasks:
- Task 1 includes data collection, public participation and outreach through the use of public forums, social media and a community survey. Meetings with stakeholder groups will also be conducted. An Existing Conditions Analysis will also be prepared to establish a baseline to frame the goals, objectives, and policies, as well as the various elements, of the Master Plan.
- Task 2 consists of synthesizing the data collection garnished in Task 1 and is the planning phase that establishes the framework for the content of the Master Plan.
- Task 3 includes the public presentation of the draft plan and vets the draft recommendations for public review and comment, which includes the prioritization for implementation actions.
- Task 4 invokes the final review, documentation, and adoption of the Master Plan by the Planning Board, which may include Zoning Ordinance recommendations to Council.
Master Plan Components
The Master Plan will contain the following sections, according to the requirements set out by the Municipal Land Use Law (MLUL):
- A statement of objectives, principles, assumptions, policies and standards upon which the constituent proposals for the physical, economic an social development of the Township are based
- A land use plan element
- A housing plan element
- A circulation plan element
- A utility service plan element
- A community facilities plan element
- A recreation plan element
- A conservation plan element
- An economic plan element
- A historic preservation plan element
- A recycling plan element
- A sustainability plan element
- A statement indicating the relationship of the proposed development of the municipality in relation to adjoining municipalities, the County Master Plan, the State Development and Redevelopment Plan, and the district solid waste management plan
Public outreach opportunities are designed to offer a variety of ways for residents and business owners to participate in the planning process, in order to solicit input from a broad cross-section of the community. As such, public outreach and communication will be an ongoing collaborative process between community members, stakeholders and the Township. Ultimately, the public outreach and communication strategy is designed to:
- Enhance community participation and input;
- Integrate consensus building with planning process;
- Strengthen community partnerships;
- Provide learning opportunities to improve mobility, housing, recreation, access and quality of life issues for residents, businesses and visitors; and
- Gather and integrate community input and feedback.