The Tax Collector’s Office processes the billing and collection of all property taxes and Township sewer charges.
The Tax Collector’s Office acts as the collecting agency for numerous governmental bodies, including the Public School District, the Fire District, and Camden County. For more information on the distribution of tax dollars or to contact the various agencies, visit our Break It Down page.
Tax bills are mailed twice a year.
- In July for 3rd/4th quarters and in January for 1st/2nd quarters
- Failure to receive a tax bill does not exempt you from paying taxes or the interest due on delinquent taxes
- There is a 10 day grace period. If the 10th day falls on a weekend/holiday, the grace period extends to the next business day.
- During the grace period, the Tax Office will extend its hours from 8:00am-5:30pm.
- Please be advised that payments must be received in the Tax Office on or before the last day of the grace period – postmarks are not permitted.
Township Sewer Rents
Residential sewer: billed annually as a flat fee with a due date of April 1. The township offers a 10% discount for homeowners age 60 years or older. Residents must show proof of age to the Tax Collector to qualify for this discount and must reside in the property.
Commercial sewer: billed semi-annually based on water usage with due dates of November 1 and May 1.
E-Bills for Township Sewer
We now offer paperless billing for all township sewer rents. To sign up for this service we will require something in writing by the property owner – include name, property location and sewer account number with a valid email address. You can send this information 3 ways:
- Fax: 856-661-4779 (Attn:Tax Collector)
- Regular mail: Tax Collector’s Office 820 Mercer Street Cherry Hill NJ 08002
- By cash or check at the Tax Collector’s Office, 820 Mercer St., during normal business hours or by mailing a check to the Cherry Hill township Tax Collector’s Office, 820 Mercer St. Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
- By credit card, debit card or electronic check (e-check). Click the link shown above, or on the left of our homepage or in the upper right of this page – you will then access the Edmund’s Web Inquiry & Payment Portal where you can obtain all your tax and sewer information by using your name, address or block/lot/qual numbers. Once you locate your account you will click on the “Make Payment” tab which will redirect you to the payment site. Please be advised that the payment processing company will assess a 2.39% convenience fee for credit and debit card payments and a 99-cent fee for e-check payments. No fees will be charged by the township. Credit and debit card payments cannot be accepted at the Tax Office or by phone.
All delinquencies are subject to Tax Sale as of May 11, 2017. All payments received after May 11, 2017 must be in the form of a certified check or cash (online payments will no longer be accepted), additional costs will be due and all properties will be advertised in the newspaper.
Tax Payment Reminders
The Office of the Tax Collector will send you email reminders approximately 1 week prior to the due date to make your quarterly tax payments. If you are interested, register and opt into Tax Payment Reminders. Any questions, please call the Tax Collector’s office at 856-488-7880. Failure to receive an email reminder does not exempt you from paying taxes or the interest due on delinquent taxes.