The Property Maintenance Code is an essential part of maintaining the appearance and integrity of Cherry Hill township. This code holds property owners responsible for the upkeep of their properties. Cherry Hill takes an aggressive approach toward addressing and correcting property maintenance violations.
Guidelines In order to help keep Cherry Hill looking its best, please follow these property maintenance guidelines on your property:
- All trash and recycling should be permanently stored in containers in the rear or side yards.
- Trash and recycling waste should not be placed at the curb prior to 5:30 pm the night before your scheduled collection day and no later than 7 a.m. on collection day. Trash improperly placed at the curb for collection is handled by Cherry Hill Public Works Department. To report improperly placed trash please contact the Department of Public Works at 856-424-4422.
- Tied tree limbs, yard waste in open containers, and leaves bagged in biodegradable leaf bags can be left at the curb for recycling. Branches should be cut to 4 foot lengths and tied in bundles of not more than 50 pounds. Yard waste in plastic bags will not be collected. Complaints related to yard waste should be directed to Cherry Hill Public Works Department. They can be reached at 856-424-4422.
- Any sign posted on a telephone pole or tree in Cherry Hill is illegal. Citizens may remove signs themselves or report the sign to the Zoning Official in our Community Development department at 856-488-7870.
- Grass or weeds cannot be higher than 10 inches, so remember to mow your yard before it reaches this height. If high grass is reported at your property you will receive a letter indicating that you have 10 days to rectify the condition. If the condition is not rectified you may be summonsed to court to pay a fine and the township will mow your lawn and place a lien on the property until the cost of the mowing is paid. To report high grass, please call our Property Maintenance Hotline at 856-834-3364. If you do call to report an incidence of high grass please have the address of the property where the problem is occurring.
- Inoperable vehicles (those without current registration, inspection stickers, and no insurance) cannot be stored in driveways, on the street, or anywhere on your property. Please contact Property Maintenance for inoperable vehicles parked on private property at the phone number below. If the vehicle is parked on a public street it is considered a motor vehicle violation and is handled by the Cherry Hill Police Department. The Police Department can be reached at 856-665-1200.
- Pet owners must curb their dogs and immediately remove and dispose of all waste.
- To insure safety of pedestrians, residents must remove snow within 48 hours of daylight following a snowfall. Please remember that children are walking to schools and bus stops all over town.