Planning Vision Creating and implementing great plans requires the cooperation and meaningful participation of business, institutional, neighborhood, and political groups as well as individual citizens. Good planning helps create communities that offer better choices for where and how people work and live. Planning enables civic leaders, business interests, and citizens to play a meaningful role in creating communities that enrich people's lives.
The American Planning Association (APA) and its professional institute, the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP), are dedicated to advancing the art, science, and profession of urban, rural, and regional planning. APA encourages planning that contributes to public well being by developing communities and environments that more effectively meet the needs of all people.
Reexamination Plan Vision StatementTownship planning personnel operate under the vision statement of the 2007 Reexamination Plan:
Cherry Hill Township is a thriving, diverse community that provides a safe and healthy place to live for all residents by valuing the natural environment as well as a sustainable, broad-based economy that serves the needs of the community. The future development of Cherry Hill will:
- Lower municipal costs and taxes by maximizing existing infrastructure
- Preserve open space
- Provide thriving town centers
- Offer better access to destinations and less traffic congestion
- Utilize smart growth principles such as neighborhood livability
Planning & Zoning Staff The planning staff in the Township of Cherry Hill consists of:
- Lorissa Luciani, PP, AICP, Director of Planning & Deputy Director of Community Development
- Natalie Barney, Community Development Supervisor
- Jacob Richman, PP, AICP, Planner
- Jaclyn Bradley, Planner
If you have any questions, please contact the planning staff by calling 856-488-7870.