Police Dispatcher Application
The Township of Cherry Hill is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Dispatcher. Dispatch / Telecommunication experience is not required at the time of hire. All applications must be received by Friday, October 2, 2020 at 4:00pm.
The Police Dispatcher learns and performs a variety of complex police dispatching duties; dispatches and tracks officer activity in order to secure the safety of the officer; receives and screens emergency 9-1-1 and non-emergency calls for service for law enforcement, fire, or emergency medical services for the area served by the Cherry Hill Police Department; evaluates the weight and seriousness of the calls, prioritizes the calls, and dispatches appropriate personnel to respond.
The following are the minimum qualifications required for the position of Police Dispatcher:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A citizen of the United States
- A resident of New Jersey at the time of appointment
- Have a valid unrestricted New Jersey driver’s license at the time of appointment
- Pass a written examination and interview component
- Pass a comprehensive background investigation
- Pass a psychological examination and drug screen
- Must be a graduate from a senior high school or have had formal education or training showing attainment of the level represented by graduation from senior high school
- Be of good moral character and never convicted of a crime or of any criminal offense involving moral turpitude or dishonesty
- Starting salary $43, 696.80 with competitive medical/dental benefit packages
If you have a hardship and cannot download the online application to be completed at the below link, please contact Police Records (856-488-7822) or email CHPDjobs@cherryhillpolice.com and request an application be sent to you.
Please click on the below link to complete our on-line Preliminary Module I application.
Cherry Hill Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer