Senior Services - with Title VI
Cherry Hill is a Great Place to Live, Work, Play and RetireView the Community Magazine for a complete list of activities and classes offered to Cherry Hill senior citizens. Here is an abbreviated list of those services:
Programs and Activities
- Bus Service for Senior & Disabled Residents - The township provides free senior buses Monday through Friday, following a designated route. Arrangements can be made for transportation to special appointments within the township. Call between 8:15 a.m. and 3 p.m. for a schedule or more information. Call 856-661-4711 or 856-661-4802. For information regarding the Township's Title VI policy, click here. To download a Title VI Complaint Form, click here.
- Cherry Hill Sewer Discount - Homeowners, age 60 and older, can receive a 10% discount on the township sewer rental fee for their primary residence by showing proof of age at the Tax Collector's Office. For more information, please call 856-488-7880 or stop by the Tax Collector's Office.
- Classes & Events - The Recreation Department offers ceramics and line dancing courses for free, year-round. Additional courses such as aerobics, yoga, and AARP driver safety are offered seasonally for a small fee. Nonresidents may enroll in any Recreation Department program for an additional $10 fee per class. Residents 55 years old and older receive a $5 discount for classes listed in the adult section of the Recreation Program Guide (unless otherwise noted).
- Gold Card Program - All residents 55 years or over can obtain a Gold Card from the Recreation Department (Municipal Building, 820 Mercer Street, Room 102) by showing proof of age and residency (i.e. a driver's license). The Gold Card entitles the bearer to discounts on township events and at participating businesses. Click here for an updated directory of discounts and services, or stop into the Recreation Office to pick one up.
- Handy Helper - Income-qualified senior citizens can receive free help with minor repairs through this township program. We will arrange for a certified contractor to complete plumbing, carpentry, or other minor repairs. Call 856-488-7855 to receive an application.
- Real Estate Tax Deduction - A $250 real estate tax deduction is available, for those who don't currently receive it, to income-eligible property owners 65 years old or older. If you are not receiving it, please call the Assessor's Office at 856-488-7899 or stop by Room 108 in the Municipal Building.
- Veteran’s Deduction - A $250 deduction from annual real estate taxes is available to qualified war veterans and their unmarried surviving spouses.
- Senior Clubs - The Carman Tilelli Community Center is home to the Maturity Club, Super Seniors, Retired Men's Club and National Association of Retired Federal Employees.